cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/transformation XTTransformer.java XalanTransformer.java
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 22:53:18 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> stefano@locus.apache.org wrote:
> >
> > stefano     00/09/05 10:26:53
> >
> >   Modified:    src/org/apache/cocoon/transformation Tag: xml-cocoon2
> >                         XalanTransformer.java
> >   Added:       src/org/apache/cocoon/transformation Tag: xml-cocoon2
> >                         XTTransformer.java
> >   Log:
> >   added XT transformer and started to add stylesheet caching in Xalan
>
> The caching with the store component cannot be done (at the moment)
> because of the algorithm implemented in the ComponentManager part of the
> Cocoon class. Today every request to the ComponentManager results a new
> instance of the requested component. As soon as the new Avalon release
> is ready (which should contain Interfaces to mark classes as ThreadSafe
> and alike) the Cocoon class (which acts as the ComponentManager for the
> system) can be rewritten to take that into account.

Ouch, that hurts :/ didn't think of it... ok, moving my target to
something else then... better finish up the command line interface and
play around with it... there will be tons of people that won't
understand how it works for the first two weeks... damn, it's as
powerful as heaven, but XLinks are kind of mindtwisting...

Better write some docs as I go along...

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.