cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pier.fumaga...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [C2] ClassLoader issues
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 23:59:53 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> [...]
> Each tomcat uses one and only one VM, but each "context" (there is no
> such thing as a "container") has (should have) it's own sandbox (with
> different classloader, security policies and such).
>
> But I have no idea on how far this is implemented in current Tomcat, nor
> the timeline for such a thing to happen (ask them).

Catalina already uses separate classloader for WEB-APPs, and another
classloader for the servlet container itself (so that you cannot even
cast the javax.servlet.* objects to their actual implementation in
org.apache.*).

The only problems reladed to this topic are native libraries, wich are
always available throughout the whole VM (since they're handled by the
OS, not by classloaders, AFAIK), but it shouldn't be a really big
deal...

	Pier