cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: C2 XSP SQL taglib
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 23:28:53 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > This is the interesting concept and, admittedly, I've been blinded by a
> > "every contract is a schema" anti-pattern.
> >
> > Ok, I'm convinced... now we can talk about how to implement this in XSP.
>
> normal syntax is:
>
> <xsp:element name="foo"/>
>
> but we want the name to be possibly chosen at runtime. this could work:
>
> <xsp:element>
>  <xsp:element-name>...</xsp:element-name>
> </xsp:element>
>
> e.g.
>
> <xsp:element>
>  <xsp:element-name><xsp:expr>rs.getString(1)</xsp:expr></xsp:element-name>
> </xsp:element>
>
> yeah, it's ugly, but then again, this isn't a feature we're going to be
> encouraging people to use (i think we can all agree on that).

All right. So this means that you have

 <xsp:element>
  <xsp:element-name><xsp:expr>someMethod()</xsp:expr></xsp:element-name>
  <xsp:attribute>

<xsp:attribute-name><xsp:expr>someAttMethod()</xsp:expr></xsp:attribute-name>
   <xsp:expr>someOtherAttMethod()</xsp:expr>
  </xsp:attribute>
  <xsp:expr>someOtherMethod()</xsp:expr>
 </xsp:element>

if you have both name and content of both element and attribute dynamic.

Is this correct?

Ricardo, please speak up on this since I understand it but still don't
like it at all, it's all but elegant. :/

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.