cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] ClassLoader issues
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 12:16:25 GMT
Drasko Kokic wrote:

> --- Robin Green <greenrd@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:

> > and load classes out of

> > today. Spooky!

> > from System.getProperty
> > change the system property
> > would be the solution -
> > >but
> > predefined system properties is

> > API as a cleaner solution
> > >-
> > group, so I'm not
> > >talking to
> > >
> > >Please, give me more precisie indications of what
> > you mean.
> >
> > I mentioned this in another email on C-users: Maybe
> > the Servlet API should
> > have a method to get a classpath from the servlet
> > engine, which would be
> > useful e.g. for XSP compilation and XSP class loader
> > purposes. Perhaps this
> > classpath would be a list of directories and jars on
> > the local filesystem,
> > or perhaps it would be a list of URIs. Or maybe two
> > methods, one for each
> > alternative. The file list would be more useful in
> > the case of javac.
> >

> probably question for the tomcat-dev ... but, I could
> not resist:
> does tomcat create separate VM for each container, or
> all the applications inside a specific tomacat
> installation are run in a single VM?

Each tomcat uses one and only one VM, but each "context" (there is no
such thing as a "container") has (should have) it's own sandbox (with
different classloader, security policies and such).

But I have no idea on how far this is implemented in current Tomcat, nor
the timeline for such a thing to happen (ask them).

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.