cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: C2 XSP SQL taglib
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 13:45:28 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> i'm really not heavily opinionated or the other since _i_ don't think i'll
> ever use the shortcut get-columns method myself (i'm a verbose kinda guy),
> but i coded it in by manipulating the xsp dom objects directly. my concern
> is that the xsp language is incomplete as it lacks this feature. the
> purpose of xsp in this context is to transform a set of instructions into
> a set of data at runtime, right? why inhibit the methods by which an xsp
> page can achieve that?

Because to me it appears as flexibility syndrome big time: it's like
giving the user multiple inheritance and then train them not to use it
because it appears easier at the moment but requires you to think more
in the future.

XSP lacks the feature because you can do the same without it.

Sure, you have to think twice, but this doesn't do any harm.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.