cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: changebars
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 23:18:04 GMT
At 08:34  14/9/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Paul Russell wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 03:17:24PM +0200, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>> > Would be cool to have it, but in my TODO list would get the lowest
>> > priority ever: you already have CVS, wouldn't it be easier to have a CVS
>> > generators that prints this information in XML direclty?
>>
>> That could be very cool indeed. Has everyone talking about this
>> seen WebCVS? It does exactly that, and something similar using
>> cocoon could be deeply funky. I expect you might be able to get
>> a lot of the nasty code from one of the Java CVS clients...
>
>Yes, but jCVS is GPL-ed so we can't even redistribute something that
>"hooks" to it... well, to be entirely honest, we could use all the way
>reflection to go around it and have you download the jCVS jar from their
>own site... hmmmm, that would work.... wouldn't work out of the box, but
>who cares..
>
>Or we could ask them to double-license the protocol part (we don't care
>about the GUI) which is already LGPL (I think).
>
>Anybody here is in touch with the jCVS people?

I think they have been asked before but I am not sure what happened.
Considering that IIRC they are ones who donated tar code initially they may
ye be able to be convinced. Alternatively there is compatable (I think)
code at with netbeans IDE. The CVS clients was about 90% complete last time
I checked - may be worth a look.

If you do manage to convince the jCVS people thou be sure to pop a message
on ant-dev list to that effect :P

Cheers,

Pete