cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: Getting jiggy with it...
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:53:33 GMT
At 03:18  14/9/00 +0200, you wrote:
>> > Did you try Sun's JDK 1.3 for linux?
>>
>> No, didn't. Is it better that IBMs?
>
>Dunno, that's why I asked :)

Suns is slower but more reliable in multi-threaded environments. I have
heard all sorts of horror storeies of IBM linux 1.3 JVM being unstable
under high concurrent loads - but apparently it depends on your linux c
library versions.

So it is safer to go with SUN unless you really know what your doing (and I
don't - so don't ask me) and the speed difference will likely be negligable
for cocoon stuff anyway because it is mainly string ops :P.

Cheers,

Pete