cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: [C2]Access control using sitemap
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2000 02:49:24 GMT
At 04:18  8/9/00 +0300, you wrote:
>> IIRC, there was a policy to not handle authorisation and authentication
>> in the sitemap, and let the web server handle that.
>
>Is there any reason not to use sitemap as basis of creating access control
>system?
>
>It's not going to be only access control, I plan to have ability to produce
>dynamic content based on userprofile in database.

Cocoon is designed porimarily with the vision of web-publishing framework.
What you are talking about is a web-application framework. You *can*
incorporate access-control, complex processing etc but it is not really
what it is designed for and you may end up doing things the *hard-way*.
Until there is a solution even close to C2 with publishing however it may
be only way.

Cheers,

Pete