cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: How to avoid end-tags ?
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 01:05:55 GMT
At 08:54  7/9/00 +0900, you wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>I meet a problem with my xsl file each time I want to have an output without
>To be clearer, here an example:
>I would like to have an output like that:
>1) WORKS PERFECTLY but the result is <BR/> :
><xsl:template match="newline">
>2) ERROR MESSAGE:  "BR" must be terminated by the mathing end-tag "</BR>" :
><xsl:template match="newline">
>Anybody has an idea ?

Which cocoon are you using ?

You can use something like
<xsl:template match="newline">

if you want to use XHTML otherwise in C1 you will have to do something like;

* add <?cocoon-format type="test/html"?> to top of file
* add into the following
formatter.type.text/html        = org.apache.cocoon.formatter.HTMLFormatter

However this should be done by default.

If you are using C2 I assume there is an equivelent (possibly called
serializers or formatters in sitemap ???)