cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <>
Subject Re: portable usage of extension functions in XSLT?
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 22:29:44 GMT
On Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:18:56 +0200, Stefano Mazzocchi <>

> > The first solution, importing the XML in the XSL stylesheet, is portable, no
> > matter the XSLT processor we use. The drawback however is that the user-agent
> > specific XML document is parsed every time, which has an impact on memory and
> > speed. The second approach, while cleaner, has the disadvantage that it depends
> > on the XSLT processor used.
> >
> > What would be a good solution to this problem? Do we care about cross XSLT
> > processor issues or a less portable solution would be good enough?
> I'd go for portability now.
> Anyway, are you doing this for C1 or C2?

I'm doing it for C1, but it should be fairly easy to port to C2. I use only
standard XSLT transformations which should not be affected by future changes,
whatever they may be. I hope at least ;-). But I'm willing to port it to C2
once it works on C1.

Ovidiu Predescu <> (inside HP's firewall only)

View raw message