cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Sahuc <ssa...@imediation.com>
Subject switching to C2 was: [Re: re project using cocoon 2.x@2]
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:47:37 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote :

> --- Davanum Srinivas <dims@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am behind a firewall (with no HTTP tunneling). Is there a web page i
> > can download the daily
> > snapshots from? (for Cocoon2)

> No, there aren't any daily snapshots of alpha code yet.

Well I remember a thread dealing with the pro and cons of having such a
snapshot for Cocoon 2, and it came out that the fact that cocoon2 was
still in alpha stage would have generated a -lot of- questions on
installation and issues from a point of view of users....

Now that cocoon2 has reach kind of stable stage, and the installation
process is going to be easier and easier (even easier than cocoon1,
thanks to Servlet2.2), we should start IMHO pushing the Cocoon2 use, No ?

Currently, I think -still IMHO- that cocoon2 is not accessible enough
(not in term of installation, neither code or understanding, but rather
in term of downloading and use), and cocoon1 should start fading away...
Indeed in the dev mailing list, the main thread are Cocoon2 related, and
very few are dealing with Cocoon1.

All the best,

Sebastien