cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject Re: portable usage of extension functions in XSLT?
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:35:12 GMT
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 20:51:12 +0200, Zvi <thezvi@ifrance.com> wrote:

> the second is better, just write for Xalan, and if somebody will be interested in
> other XSLT processor like XT, he/she will port it.
>
> the 3rd solution is to pass the entire UserAgent capabilities document as
> parameter, using <xsl:param>.

Passing the entire user agent capabilities document as a parameter is in fact a
more portable solution than using extension functions. I like this idea, it's
great! Passing a parameter is something that happens at the Cocoon level and
the syntax in the XSLT stylesheet is always the same, no matter what XSLT
processor is used. I may be a little slower but that should be OK.

Thanks,
Ovidiu

--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@cup.hp.com>