cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Sahuc <ssa...@imediation.com>
Subject Re: using ejbs from cocoon
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 07:13:27 GMT
Matthew Langham wrote :
> can anyone give me some pointers on using EJBs (i.e. "connecting" to
> them)
> from Cocoon. How do you go about doing this?

Well this is a thread I can answer :-)

Using EJB in cocoon is just a matter of setting the servlet environment
to acts a a client EJB. So on one side you'll get your EJB server running
and listening for upcoming request, and on the other side you start your
Servlet Container with the right EJB client libraries so that wathever
servlet (or cocoon code through XSP page for instance) you write can
contains EJB invocation.

Now if you want to get your cocoon instance and your EJB container
working in the same JVM (IntraVM mode) then it's another story :-)

All the best,

Sebastien