cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Sahuc <ssa...@imediation.com>
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:47:32 GMT
WAS Online wrote :

> Since then I really was not able to get cocoon to work again... I really
> feel kind of dump.
> please tell me it is not my fault. the error message i get is:

Not your fault, don't worry 'WAS Online' :-)

>  org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error
> compiling _sitemap_xmap:
> Line 0, column 0:
> /usr/local/tomcat/work/localhost_8080%2Fcocoon/_usr/_local/_tomcat/_weba
> pps/_cocoon/_sitemap_xmap.java:11:
> Class org.apache.avalon.Configurable not found in import.
> import org.apache.avalon.Configurable;
>        ^

> i am pretty sure i have that avalon thing and everything else in the
> tomcat classpath.

Indeed, I believe the lastest change for making the perfect catalina
integration broke something into the Engine :

in the JavaLanguage it used to set the compiler classpath with the System
classpath (throught System.getProperty("java.class.path") ) whereas in
the last version, it takes the classpath from the property set by the
Servlet.init which in most case is null (when not used behind Catalina,
or when using the command line option).

It would be easy to fix it by adding the System classpath, but I believe
that Stephano has removed this on purpose and I do understand him (you
should not use the system classpath since you're in a servlet engine
environment). The problem then arises with the command line option and
when the Servlet container deals with more ClassLoader issues ( I know
some Servlet container that might not be flexible enough to permits the
nice drag and drop feature of the whole cocoon war :-( )

Sebastien