cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] Merging pipelines into a new pipeline
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:20:26 GMT
On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 01:42:49PM +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> Why not? We were going to write a really cool URL handler at some point
> anyway (for jar: cvs: class: nfs: etc), is it possible to write a new
> URL Resolver to plug into Xalan/Xerces so that XSL files can access
> files via these new URL schemes?

Ideally, it would make sense for it to be implemented as a
URLStreamHandler, but there is a slight, uh, oddity in the java
API for such things - you can only specify a URLStreamHandlerFactory
once per VM (which is stupid, in my opinion, but there we go)
which means that if a servlet engine or application server has
already set a URLStreamHandlerFactory, cocoon can't. The only
way around this that I can think of is to have some kind of
extra-sun API for URL handling, or to tyr and get something
through the JCP. Thoughts people?

Luminas Ltd.