cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <>
Subject Re: [C2] Merging pipelines into a new pipeline
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:03:08 GMT

--- Paul Russell <> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 01:42:49PM +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> > Why not? We were going to write a really cool URL handler at some
> point
> > anyway (for jar: cvs: class: nfs: etc), is it possible to write a
> new
> > URL Resolver to plug into Xalan/Xerces so that XSL files can access
> > files via these new URL schemes?
> Ideally, it would make sense for it to be implemented as a
> URLStreamHandler, but there is a slight, uh, oddity in the java
> API for such things - you can only specify a URLStreamHandlerFactory
> once per VM (which is stupid, in my opinion, but there we go)
> which means that if a servlet engine or application server has
> already set a URLStreamHandlerFactory, cocoon can't. The only
> way around this that I can think of is to have some kind of
> extra-sun API for URL handling, or to tyr and get something
> through the JCP. Thoughts people?

There is another way doing it:

   URL url = new URL (null, "cvs://server/project/folder#version",
                            new MyURLStreamHandlerFactoryImpl());

But this requires you to sign your code and have a named specifyStreamHandler granted to the
calling context in the java.policy file, as I have understand it.

Hintereichenstrasse 7
CH-8166 Niederweningen                    Web:

Do You Yahoo!?