cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/servlet CocoonServlet.java
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 08:30:06 GMT
On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 06:29:40PM -0700, Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:
> stefano@locus.apache.org wrote:
> > get the classpath from a special catalina attribute (like Jasper does)
> > It's a big hack, but now FINALLY, everything works like it should, so
> > just drop the big war file and you're done
> THANKSALOTTAFIAPOTA! :)

hahaha!

> If you weren't going to do that today, I would have done it tonight...
> GRRREAT, you saved me a lot of time...

Always good when that happens, innit ;)

> BUT, as you said, it's a HACK! We definitely need to find a more decent
> solution on the long run, because if not, we're SCREWED...

Think it's time we had something of a heads together (as in
"cue dramatic music, start new thread") on this one, don't you?
My personal feeling is that it's a problem with javac, and that
only a javac level fix (like giving us access to the classpath)
is going to fix it. Having said that, I'm a thickie in the great
scheme of things, so I think the more people who are thinking
about this problem, the more chance we have of finding a
workaround which *isn't* a hack. Someone wanna outline the issues
as they stand and begin a new thread of brainstorming?

> 	Pier (wearing his thinking kap!)

Got a spare? ;)

Paul

Luminas Ltd.