cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: Action proposal
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2000 23:59:11 GMT
On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 01:44:36AM +1000, Peter Donald wrote:
> >Not really except how do use see explicit actions being triggered ? Do you
> >have an action apply to sitemap that explicitly parses out data from
> >cookies/put/get/post request ?
>
> Okay this wasn't so clear :P.
>
> What I mean do you see this as the way of handling explict actions. Have an
> implicit action that parses out data and constructions a action-chain on
> the fly.

No, nothing "on the fly". You define the maximum possible action
chain for a specific URL of you application. You place the
<map:act chain="your-max-chain"/> immediately after the <map:match>
for your URL. The sitemap engine will call all the action in
sequence. Maybe the first action in the chain parser the input and
makes information available in the objectModel Map for the other
actions. All subsequent action can examine that information to
decide if it concerns to them and do something or not.

> So I could map the DecodeAction to /myappbase/blee and any resource below
> /myappbase/blee will decode explicit actions then build and execute
> appropriate chains ?

I don't get this. It would be good if you could write a possible
sitemap example.

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch