cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: planning FP TagLib for C2
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:28:08 GMT

--- Jeremy Quinn <jermq@media.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have been slowly working on the FP TagLib, mostly on the DOM
> manipulation
> side, and then, only on the weekends :)
>
> I would like what I am doing for C1 to be forward compatible with C2.
>
> As I understand the situation ....
>
> I must not pass xspCurrentNode, document, or contentHandler to my
> methods.
> Any manipulation of parent elements must be done using XSL in my
> logicsheet.
> My methods should return XObjects.
>

> I think this is all possible for this TagLib but it will require
> quite
> large changes to the DTD. Should I restart this as a new TagLib or
> expect
> people who may have started using it to adapt?
>

> Also, what is the preferred pattern for TagLib parameters now?
>
> C1 and C2 both use this form:
>
> 		<fp:read as"node" from="blah" />
> 	or
> 		<fp:read>
> 			<fp:as>node</fp:as>
> 			<fp:from>blah</fp:to>
> 		</fp:read>
>
> C2 has introduced this new form (and a very handy template to extract
> it):
>
> 		<fp:read as"node" from="blah" />
> 	or
> 		<fp:read>
> 			<fp:param name="as">node</fp:param>
> 			<fp:param name="from">blah</fp:param>
> 		</fp:read>
>

> Which of these is the best to use?

As I hope the long awaited Simple Logicsheet Languare (SLL) will
realize soon youdon't have to worry about it. Every form will be
accepted by SLL and you only write something like

   <sll:element name="fp:read">
     <sll:parameter name="as" required="true"/>
     <sll:parameter name="form" required="true"/>
   </ssl:element>

Am I right, Ricardo?

Giacomo

=====