cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Burton <ross.bur...@mail.com>
Subject Re: [C2]Access control using sitemap
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 15:27:38 GMT
> I really would like to use Cocoon2 in our web/content management project.
> Could someone give some advice how to implement user identification/access
> control using sitemap? It has to be somekind of selector and all requests
> has to go through same point?

IIRC, there was a policy to not handle authorisation and authentication
in the sitemap, and let the web server handle that.

However, you could write a selector to handle it, yes.  Off the top of
my head: just wrap all pages to be protected and test the uses
credentials, if it fails redirect to a "permission denied" page.

There was a discussion about this several months ago - have a look in
the archives.

Ross Burton