cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Washeim" <esa...@canuck.com>
Subject Engine patches and performance
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 22:37:46 GMT
I'm just posting again, with our patches to Engine.java . . .

We had added an internal 'block' class to permit blocking retrieval of pages
from cache by secondary threads. Namely, until the first request has managed
to obtain the page from cache, other threads block . . . we found this
enhanced performance significantly in the case of eurofootball.com and also
for saab.com (although we're generating the html offline in the latter case,
at the moment) . . .

We applied the patch to 1.8 - dev and it's served us well thus far . . .

We're also working on a proper persistent cache, though serialization is
posing a problem . . . any one done any work in this domain???

Thanks and regards,
Mark Washeim
TD, Large Medium, AB