cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <>
Subject Re: [C2] Cocoon with Tomcat
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 07:57:14 GMT

--- Ross Burton <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Who out there runs Cocoon 2 inside Tomcat?  I'm using the latest CVS
> of C2
> and a CVS of Tomcat just after the 3.2 milestone (to fix a nasty bug
> IIRC).
> When I load Tomcat there are approx. 20 JVMs in the process list
> (probably
> most of them are threads) which take up over 100M!  Is this usual?
> Is my
> tomcat somehow huge?  I've been talking to Pier about this and he
> reckons
> that Tomcat shouldn't be above 25M, so has anybody got any idea what
> is
> going on?

You probably use native threads which spawns a process for each thread.
As I recall this is mostly meat for multi processor machines. In your
case you should use green threads (there is a environment variable that
controlls that, but don't remember the name). On what platform do you
run Tomcat?

Hintereichenstrasse 7
CH-8166 Niederweningen                    Web:

Do You Yahoo!?