cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@supereva.it>
Subject Re: esql diff of the moment
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2000 15:50:09 GMT
From: "Jeremy Quinn" <jeremy@media.demon.co.uk>

> At 07:43 +0200 15/09/00, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >Why not use the fixed DTD that is used now in Cocoon2 for notifications?
> >It's kinda standard ;-)
> >And all will have to go to C2 anyway.
> >Maybe I'm just plain dumb, but shouldn't all taglibs throw the same error
> >DTD? (IMHO)
>
> +1 on that!
>
> >If you agree I will make a small taglib that can be used by other taglibs
> >4 this.
>
> What I need for FP is to check whether any other tags had an error, so I
> can decide whether to serialise the DOM they are writing or not.
>
> I am adding errors to a Hashtable to do this, though it would be great if
> there was a general mechanism to share errors between all TagLibs on a
> page. They just add errors keyed to their own namespace.
>
> Wotcha reckon?

Hmmm, I haden't thought of intra-taglib error handling... I thought that when
an error occurs, it is notified to the user via standard DTD... or to the sitemap
(C2). I cannot imagine the use, because the need hasn't touched me yet, but
my fifth sense and 3/4 ;-) tells me I'm missing something important...
Could you please elaborate more on this, I'd be grateful.
Thanks :-)

nicola_ken

BTW, may it be because my body temperature exeeds 38,5 Celsius? :-(
I must be sick to think of these thing while... I'm sick ;-)