cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Neeme Praks" <ne...@one.lv>
Subject RE: [C2]LangTransformer
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:40:25 GMT

[snip]

> To content authors it
> should be easier to maintain one file instead of bunch of
> language versions in different directories anyway.

well, I have exactly opposite experience. With one file approach you make
the assumption that there is one person that does all the translation. This
might be true in small sites with two-three languages; however, it is _very_
rarely the case in bigger sites that only one person is writing all the
different translations. And when there are multiple persons then it is
easier for them to edit different files, rather than one monolithic one...

Neeme