cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Neeme Praks" <ne...@one.lv>
Subject RE: [C2]Access control using sitemap
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:38:48 GMT

[snip]

> I don't understand, why is the include transformer not ok for
> this job?
> If it is speed, remember that now it uses DOM, but IMO it
> should/will use SAX, right Donald? :-)

will the include transformer support including SAX events from other
pipelines? That would be really useful when we start to put together
Jetspeed2. The functionality that I imagine would be that I specify the URI
(sitemap URI), content-type and possibly also option to get it in a
serialized/non-serialized form.
Something like
	<include uri="/content/news" content-type="text/RSS" serialized="false"/>

(my imaginary syntax, too lazy to look up XInclude syntax right now...).

Well, actually this is too simplistic, for Jetspeed2 we'll need to write
something similar but more powerful, so we could also pass in some extra
request and environment parameters to the called pipeline... But I hope this
is possible?

Neeme

PS. I also include one my old email that I sent to Avalon list some time
ago. There are some more details about this approach...