cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@supereva.it>
Subject Re: esql diff of the moment
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 05:43:08 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donald Ball" <balld@webslingerZ.com>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 10:49 PM
Subject: Re: esql diff of the moment

> On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Kevin Sonney wrote:
>
> > Well, donald has done a supurb job on the newer error handling code in
> > esql. But not all the JDBC drivers set the message to something
> > inteligable.
>
> whatcha talking about? it's junky, just spits out a non-configurable chunk
> of XML...
>
> > Take, for example, oracle. When the oracle thin driver encounters a Column
> > index out of bound error, it generates the following inn getMessage() :
> >
> > 0
> >
> > Wow! How very informative! Thanks Oracle!
>
> :)
>
> > So, in order to make life *MUCH* happier, here's a small pacth to dump the
> > stach trace to the error log. YMMV, and I'm sure there's a better way that
> > will put it into the doc.
>
> nah, i went ahead and cleaned it up more nicely. i added a new set of
> elements that are instantiated in case of an exception:
>
> <esql:error-results>
>  <message><esql:get-message/></message>
>  <tostring><esql:to-string/></tostring>
>  <stacktrace><esql:get-stacktrace/></stacktrace>
> </esql:error-results>

Why not use the fixed DTD that is used now in Cocoon2 for notifications?
It's kinda standard ;-)
And all will have to go to C2 anyway.
Maybe I'm just plain dumb, but shouldn't all taglibs throw the same error
DTD? (IMHO)
If you agree I will make a small taglib that can be used by other taglibs
4 this.

nicola_ken

Nicola Ken Barozzi - AISA Industries S.p.A
http://www.aisaindustries.it/
Via Leonardo da Vinci,2 Ticengo (CR) Italy
Research Activity:
Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento di Meccanica
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, n.32 - 20133 Milano (Italy)