cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@supereva.it>
Subject Re: [Cocoon Devel] Re: [C2] UML Class Diagram for SiteMap
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 08:08:42 GMT
From: "Giacomo Pati" <Giacomo.Pati@pwr.ch>

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

Yeah why?why?why?
It seams that it works only by calling the process method of the
stylesheet (compiled) but not with SAX events starting the process.

> > "
> > > Regarding the sitemap stylesheet having problems with namespaces, well
> > > il works all well with XT
> > >    <map:transformer     name="xt"      src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.XTTransformer"/>
> > > instead of Xalan as a Transformer.
> > "
> >
> > So I asked myself:"why XT and not Xalan?".
> > So I put the Logger before and after the transformer but from defunct
> >  xalan came no meaningful event.
> > Then I went into the Transformer and tried X combinantions with parameters and
> > Loggers-notifiers (with x -> infinity ;-) ) ... result: no luck.
> > So I thought:"Giacomo said that from commandline all is ok...hmmm".
> > So I downloaded Xalan from my speedy 56k modem al 600 bytes/sec (ok, I know
> > you don't give a damn about it ;-) )
>
> Hey Nicola, why did you downlaod xalan? You already have it in the
> cocoon cvs ;-)

Why did I downlOAd it? ;-)
'cause there ain't no examples in it, that's why!

> > and tried an example with the sitemap file
> > and stylesheet: it doesn't work!
> > Take away namespaces -> it works!
> > The example is PureSAX.
> > I also changed it to use compiled stylesheets as they say in the xalan docs but
> > no, it doesn't work. :-(
> > What's going on?!? ;-)
>
> No, no. I've done it a hundered times on the commandline. You should use
> the following in the cocoon directory:
>
>    java -classpath lib/xerces_1_2.jar:lib/xalan_1_2_D01.jar \
>         org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process \
>         -in webapp/sitemap.xmap \
>         -xsl webapp/stylesheets/sitemap/simple-sitemap2html.xsl \
>         -out ../a.html
>         -html
>
> (or the appropriate if you use a window system) and you'll see it works
> correctly.

First of all, the exmple should work too, but it doesn't, so it seems we have
a bug here.
If I call the process method in the XalanTransformer to System.out instead of
returning the DocumentHandler, it works!

    processor.process(new XSLTInputSource("foo.xml"),
                      style,
                      new XSLTResultTarget(System.out));

(I called the test sitemap foo.xml)

So it seems that namespace uri is stripped off if transformation is giuded by
external sax but not using the process method.

nicola_ken

Nicola Ken Barozzi - AISA Industries S.p.A
http://www.aisaindustries.it/
Via Leonardo da Vinci,2 Ticengo (CR) Italy
Research Activity:
Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento di Meccanica
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, n.32 - 20133 Milano (Italy)