cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Muench" <>
Subject Re: C2 XSP SQL taglib
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2000 01:19:02 GMT
Ricardo, Stefano,

| We may also consider XSLT's own use of <xsl:element> where attribute
| name can take a dynamic XPath expression:
|   <xsl:element name="{@tagname}">...</xsl:element>
| Since XSP doesn't support XSLT's {...} idiom inside attributes, we
| may need to do something like...

Did you guys give up on the idea of thinking of XSP's
as simple-form XSLT stylesheets that use the XSLT extension
element mechanism? The archives are down at the moment or
I would have dug up the mail trail from months ago where
I thought Stefano had come around to this way of thinking...

Whenever it seems that there's a need to invent a facility
already provided by XSLT, then this idea pops back to the top
of my head.

BC4J & XSQL Servlet Development Teams, Oracle Rep to XSL WG
Author "Building Oracle XML Applications", O'Reilly

View raw message