cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Mircea Toma" <mirceat...@home.com>
Subject problem compiling sitemap
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2000 05:21:10 GMT
Hi,

I was trying to run the C2, but when I'm requesting any page is throwing an
error. I don't know why , in .......sitemap.SitemapMarkupLanguage the method
org.w3c.dom.Element.normalize() is not recognized at run time, so the
sitemap is not compiled (xerces_1_2.jar is in %TOMCAT_HOME%\lib and the
classpath in tomcat.bat). I use jdk1.3 from Sun and Tomcat 3.1 on NT4.0.
Please, help !

the error is:

--- 2.0a2  :) ---

 information - Ready to process requests...

 description - Ready to process requests...

 from - org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

 source - Cocoon servlet

 request-uri - /cocoon

 path-info -

**************** printStream notifications: 1 ***************

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.sitemap.SitemapMarkupLan
guage.quoteStrings(SitemapMarkupLanguage.java:142)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.sitemap.SitemapMarkupLan
guage.quoteStrings(SitemapMarkupLanguage.java:149)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.sitemap.SitemapMarkupLan
guage.preprocessDocument(SitemapMarkupLanguage.java:97)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.g
enerateCode(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:265)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.
load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:187)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapHandler.run(SitemapHandler.java:147)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- Internal server error ---

 internal-server-error - null

 description - java.lang.NullPointerException

 from - org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

 source - Cocoon servlet

 request-uri - /cocoon/welcome

 path-info - welcome

 stacktrace - java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapHandler.process(SitemapHandler.java:
127)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.invoke(SitemapManager.java:8
0)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:18
4)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.ja
va:503)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnectio
n(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.j
ava:338)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

**************** printStream notifications: 2 ***************