cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@supereva.it>
Subject Re: planning FP TagLib for C2
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2000 00:25:11 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Quinn" <jeremy@media.demon.co.uk>

> At 14:04 +0100 09/09/00, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> >I would like what I am doing for C1 to be forward compatible with C2.
> >
> >As I understand the situation ....
> >
> >I must not pass xspCurrentNode, document, or contentHandler to my methods.
> >Any manipulation of parent elements must be done using XSL in my logicsheet.
> >My methods should return XObjects.
>
> Hang on, I think I am confusing this ...
>
> There are two XObjects ....
>
> An interface org.apache.cocoon.framework.XObject
>
> A class org.apache.xalan.xpath.XObject (that I have been getting aquainted
> with)

> I must return an object that implements org.apache.cocoon.framework.XObject ??
> ie. that has both toDOM(Node) and toSax(DocumentHandler) methods?

You can do all the validation in Sax but there's a problem...
all errors are trapped by the sitemap and throws "brutally".
Then they're caught by my error handling.
The problem is that you don't know what went wrong and
cannot continue... but ok, so you re-validate only what you want
separately, so you hook-in your error handler...ok.
If you need help and changes on errors, I'm here :-) .

nicola_ken