cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] SVG Serializer
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:17:34 GMT
At 18:28 +0100 30/08/00, Ross Burton wrote:
>> >There is a SVGTransformer in alpha as well (for manipulating SVG
>documents
>> >in the pipeline), when Ricardo (hint hint) commits the amazing
>> >XSP-as-a-filter code he claimed to have, I'll port it to a XSP filter.
>>
>> What does an SVGTransformer do?
>>
>> Rotate paths etc.? No right?
>
>At the moment, search and replace text strings, apply CSS styles to
>specified (via id) objects, crop and scale.  I hope to be able to use XSP to
>make this a dynamic filter in the future, as it is very hacky with all of
>that in the sitemap.

This would be amazing!

One of the things I have to do by hand is to reconcile the entities of
seperate SVGs all made in Illustrator, that share names. I'll often resort
to parsing it so the entities get resolved, then assembling that. Kind of
defeats the point ... I think you were saying you were having problems with
Entities too?

It's a drag, Illustrator always seems to export with the same nameset, and
the Adobe SVG plugin is not able to include external SVGs yet.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre