cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: How can I write to a File a XML document
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2000 08:27:39 GMT
At 17:04 +0000 03/08/00, Pedro E. Gómez wrote:
>I have create a new XML document object using DocumentImpl (is this the
>way to do that) and I have populated the document but I do not know how to
>save it in a File.

this is some code adapted from the FP Tagset
it may or may not be the ideal way of doing it

you pass this the Document object and the char encoding it is in.

	public void save(Document workDoc, String workEncoding) {
		OutputFormat format = new OutputFormat(workDoc, workEncoding, true);
		format.setVersion("1.0");

		// most of this lot is probably not required

		format.setPreserveSpace(true);
		format.setIndent(1);
		format.setIndenting(true);
		format.setLineWidth(0);
		format.setLineSeparator("\n");

		try {
			FileWriter writer = new FileWriter(workFile);
			Serializer serializer = serializer_factory.makeSerializer(writer,format);
			serializer.asDOMSerializer().serialize(workDoc);
			writer.close();
		} catch (Exception ex) {

			[snip]

		}
	}

You can find the rest of the source code in the dist for Cocoon 1.8 at

	/xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/fp/

Hope this helps

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre