cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: HTML Formatter problem
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:26:05 GMT
At 09:19 +0800 25/08/00, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>Jeremy Quinn wrote:

>>server, as
>> Can anyone make any lateral suggestions for working around this problem?
>
>How about letting it output to escaped sequence and make a 'Text' to 'XML'
>conversion in the doPost() upon submittal??

Yes, I was thinking about this too ....

I was put off by the idea of having to find and replace any and every
entity that might get into that String, according to whatever encoding
someone might be using etc. Kind of put me off this approach. Specially
when you can supply any old entities of your own.

Don't tell me .... there's a standard Method for doing it ?

This makes me realise the next problem .... if someone wants to edit XML
data that contains Entity references, those references will get expanded
when FP parses their Document, won't they .... ? So they would be editing
and saving "expanded" XML, something they probably would not want .... is
it possible to get Xerces to parse a file without entity expansion?

Yuk!

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre