cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From aurelien.de...@sncf.fr (DEHAY Aurélien)
Subject Alias and Stylesheets
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2000 11:07:00 GMT
Hello.

Bug or feature? I don't understand. Here is my problem:

Cocoon 1.7.4
Xerces 1.1.3
Apache 1.3.12

Apache is running 3 virtuals hosts. Each one have a DocumentRoot in
the /developpement subdir:
/developpement/systeme
/developpement/dba
/developpement/sources

In /developpement/, I've got a «commun» subdir, for sharing data
beetween web sites. Data like my stylesheets.
Then, I've got an alias in my httpd.conf:
Alias /styles/ "/developpement/commun/styles/"

In «styles», I've got 3 subdirs: dtd, css, xsl.

When I give the complete URL for my xsl in Netscape (i.e. with
http://hostname/styles/xsl/document.xsl), it works: I can see it. When
I give this same URL in my <?xml-stylesheet ...?>, it works too. *But* when I want to
give the <?xml-stylesheet ...?> with a relative URL, like that:

<?xml-stylesheet href="/styles/xsl/document.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

I've got the following error message:

org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException:
Could not associate stylesheet to document:
error reading /developpement/sources/htdocs/styles/xsl/document.xsl:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
File "file:///developpement/sources/htdocs/styles/xsl/document.xsl" not found.

at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.getStylesheet(XSLTProcessor.java, Compiled
Code)

at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.process(XSLTProcessor.java, Compiled Code)

at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java, Compiled Code)

at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java, Compiled Code)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled Code)

at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java,
Compiled Code)

at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java, Compiled Code)

WHY ?

Thanks for any answer.

Note: I don't whant to put the complete URL in <?xml-stylesheet?> for
many reasons. One is because it's my developpement site, and it would
be hard to replace all the <?xml-stylesheet?> when I put the pages on
my production site.

--
Aurélien