cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Ulrich Niedermann <niederm...@isd.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject DTD PUBLIC ID resolution
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:43:46 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to have a mechanism that maps some known PUBLIC IDs from the
<!DOCUMENT> declaration to the corresponding local URIs (similar to
SGML catalog files). This would allow one to write XML files with the
"canonical" URI for the used DTDs and still use a local copy for
validation and default value gathering, which increases both
reliability and speed.

Do you think such a mechanism makes sense?
Has anybody seen such a thing implemented yet?
Where could/should such a thing be hooked into the C2 processing chain?
Where and how should the configuration, i.e. the mapping from PUBLIC
to SYSTEM be stored?

I don't mean to distract you from important things but perhaps we
should think about it before every API and config file spec is set
into stone.

I'd be willing to contribute some code if/when I can figure out how
the C2 internals really are supposed to work.

Uli