cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Ulrich Niedermann <niederm...@isd.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject Re: Do C1 & C2 coexist?
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2000 21:24:46 GMT
Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.Pati@pwr.ch> writes:

> On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 12:55:24PM +0100, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I have been tasked with evaluating Cocoon 2 for the project I am working on.
> >
> > I am hoping to install Cocoon 2 into a new TomCat context alongside a
> > Cocoon 1 installation/context.
>
> If you don't use XSP ar all you can put the jars into WEB-INF/lib
> and you're done.
>
> Otherwise you have to start two separate tomcat VMs because you
> (still) have to put the jars into tomcat/lib. AFAIK C1 and C2
> use different versions of support libs (xerces/xalan/fop).

Current CVS C1 and C2 releases both use the same xalan_1_2_D01.jar and
xerces_1_1_3.jar. The problem for XSP more probably is the cocoon.jar
file which contains very different classes for C1 and C2.

FOP differs. But if you can work with C1 fop_0_13_0.jar, you can
probably use that.

Just my 2Pf. Not that I know the code that much or even tested it.

Uli