cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Ulrich Niedermann <niederm...@isd.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject Re: [C2] SVG Serializer
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 23:44:54 GMT
"Ross Burton" <ross.burton@mail.com> writes:

> What Needs To Be Done:

> * Fix a bug in Cocoon/Xerces regarding files with DTDs.  I can't seem to get
> SVG with attached DTDs (stored locally) to parse.

"String index out of range"? SVG DTD contains "xml:lang" attributes
which some (older?) Xerces versions do not like. The error is located
in some parsing method in StringReader.java, if I remember correctly.

Some weeks ago, I ran into this problem when XSLTing from the Apache
"document.dtd" to Docbook. I tracked it down, but some other fix was
incorporated into Xerces CVS. At that time, this fix seemed to solve
my problem, so I didn't make a deeper analysis, even if it looked
partly strange to me.

Have you tried current CVS Xerces instead of the C2-supplied jar file?

Uli