cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: C2 XSP SQL taglib
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2000 18:02:03 GMT
On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Giacomo Pati wrote:

> --- Anthony Uk <chip@galaxia.dataway.ch> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > whoops, in my previous message I forgot to say I was referring to
> > C2..
>
> You mentioned C2 in the subject line I remember :)
>
> > Anyway, what's the status of the SQL XSP taglib in C2? I can't find
> > it anywhere.
>
> Yes, because there isn't any yet. Donald has developed a new approach
> for sql taglib for C1 which is under test there. It look very good and
> seems to be relatively easy to port to C2. Donald seems to be very busy
> on C1, so, it might take another time until is it availabe for C2. But,
> maybe you want to contribute?

should be a simple one-two punch for the esql.xsl logicsheet - the only
tricky bits will be in the get-xml template, which invokes this.xspParser
to get a DOM object, and the get-columns template, which manipulates the
internal xsp DOM objects directly (since you cannot create elements using
straight-up XSP whose names you don't know at compile time).

note that esql.xsl is still under development, the api is not fixed, it
may change at any time - hopefully with your input, but possibly without
it. :) backwards compatibility is not going to constrain me significantly
- i only used the existing syntax because that's what oracle was using and
i hoped that we could carve out a DTD for sql stuff together. feh.

once it's done, i'm going to deprecate all prior versions of SQL stuff,
unlink their docs from the main web site, and just have the new docs
linked. hopefully that should alleviate confusion for newbies.

- donald