cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <>
Subject Re: cache madness
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2000 04:15:58 GMT
On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote:
> >
> > anyway, for those of you craving a little bit more speed from your XSP
> > pages, this little trick'll knock your socks off. i would almost suggest
> > adding an optional attribute to the xsp:page element, say, cache="60",
> > which would include a variant on this method in the xsp generated classes
> > automatically.
> I was thinking of adding caching semantics to XSP for 1.1, input
> welcome.

welp, no one else has chimed in yet, so here's my two cents. i think you
should add an xsp:cache element that would provide a clues to the runtime
system. for instance:

 <xsp:cache type="timeout">
  <xsp:param name="seconds" value="60"/>

 <xsp:cache type="resource">
  <xsp:param name="file" value="/usr/local/etc/foo.xml"/>
  <xsp:param name="url" value=""/>

short, simple, to the point.

(note i've copied matt on this since he's got an XSP impl and might have
some input here) (would it be worthwhile to create an xsp-dev list
strictly for xsp language issues?)

- donald

View raw message