cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject RE: URGENT: Bug/special case in document() function when Xalan is used in Cocoon
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2000 01:58:08 GMT

> The only clean way I see to fix it involves multiple interfaces and
classes
> in Cocoon, with a moderate potential for collateral damage.

The problem doesn't seem that bad to me, but maybe I'm misunderstanding the
issue.  See my note and patch to Cocoon 1 on the Xalan list.  (Maybe I'm
making a bad assumption about the parse being called?)

-scott

                    "Ed Staub"

                    <estaub@media        To:     <xalan-dev@xml.apache.org>, <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>

                    one.net>             cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     RE: URGENT: Bug/special case in document()
function when
                    08/01/2000           Xalan is used in Cocoon

                    09:39 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-dev

Jayme,

I suggest looking for a workaround at this point.

The only clean way I see to fix it involves multiple interfaces and classes
in Cocoon, with a moderate potential for collateral damage.

(I see changing the Processor and Transformer signatures, along with all of
the implementors of those interfaces.  Or adding another "add-in" interface
which would get interrogated for and then used to set the URI, so that most
of the processors and transformers wouldn't need to be touched.  I don't
like either of these much, and I don't want to muck up the code if there's
better approach.)

If you can get an experienced Cocoon developer to reproduce the bug and
look
at it, they may be able to see a quicker and safer way to fix this.  (Your
description was excellent, given how obscure this is!)

For a workaround, I'd be trying to find another way to pass the base into
the spreadsheet.

Sorry,
-Ed