cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: C2 and Xalan 2
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2000 21:36:59 GMT

I'll try and take a quick look at this over the weekend and give some
recommendations.

BTW, one of the process methods (processFromNode) is failing in Cocoon,
according to Sean.  It's been on my priority list all week, but I haven't
addressed it yet.  Sorry... I'll try and have it working by Monday.

-scott

                    Giacomo Pati

                    <Giacomo.Pati        To:     Cocoon dev <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>

                    @pwr.ch>             cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    Sent by:             Subject:     C2 and Xalan 2

                    giacomo@lotus

                    .com

                    08/04/2000

                    04:44 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-dev

I've tried to compile my C2 sources with Xalan 2 and xerces from CVS
today. There are some utility calsses which don't compile because of
some class not found exceptions. Those classes are:

org.apache.cocoon.util.DOMUtils   which depends on

   org.apache.xalan.xpath.xml.XMLParserLiaisonDefault

and is used in
   org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.sitemap.SitemapMarkupLanguage
   org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.Logicsheet
   org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.xsp.XSPMarkupLanguage

org.apache.cocoon.xml.util.XPathAPI   which depends on

   org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPathSupport
   org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath
   org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPathProcessorImpl
   org.apache.xalan.xpath.xml.XMLParserLiaisonDefault
   org.apache.xalan.xpath.xml.PrefixResolverDefault

and is used in
   org.apache.cocoon.transformation.XIncludeTransformer

We should find a way to make this class more trax-able to get them
working with Xalan 2 (or maybe there are still some missing pieces in
Xalan 2 itself, which I couldn't figure out).

Any volunteer, Sean?

BTW: The sitemap-working-draft.xmap can now be transformed with Xalan 2
and compiled afterward, cool :)

Giacomo