cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: Cocoon and Systems Management Software
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2000 07:42:10 GMT
Hi,

Please, can you elaborate more on the subject? I'm not sure I get what
you mean by "System Management Software".

BTW, Avalon will provide the JMX support so, if we stay Avalon-aware
(and you can bet you ass we do), we gain that for free.
<<

I am thinking along the lines of SNMP support. I know there is an SNMP
module for the Apache Web server. We are currently in talks with a few
customers about using a Cocoon-based product and one of the major questions
is "how do we monitor the system". As Cocoon is a servlet - can it (could
it) integrate into some form of systems management.

Do you know when Avalon will be providing JMX support?

Thanks and regards

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]