cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: recompilation
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2000 16:04:41 GMT
Ricardo Rocha <ricardo@apache.org> wrote:
>In general, no markup expression or usage pattern in
>the code will ever trigger recompilation: it depends
>on files changing on disk only.

That's another bug - an XSP-sheet could dynamically change the Java source
code thru <xsl:param>, or the the XInclude processor being run before
XSPProcessor. Not sure about the latter, but the former definitely wouldn't
recompile when needed. (Perhaps these are bad design patterns, I don't know.
Certainly a bad design pattern in Cocoon 1 since it won't work! But the
question is should it be supported as a valid choice?)

I assume C2 will address this issue with smarter caching?

--
Robin Green
i-tao Ltd.