cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From roman seidl <...@pvl.at>
Subject Re[4]: cocoon and visual age
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2000 07:43:01 GMT
Hello Sean,

Thursday, August 24, 2000, 8:20:05 AM, you wrote:

>> org.apache.xalan.xslt.ResultTreeFrag  1 Errors, 0 Warnings
>>         Must implement the inherited abstract method boolean
>> org.w3c.dom.Node.hasAttributes()
TS> hasAttributes was missing or added or something to the DOM2 stuff.  This
TS> caused a couple of things to break.  It sounds like you may be using a
TS> version of Xalan where it wasn't fixed yet.  I believe it's fixed in the CVS
TS> archive.  They're gearing up to kick out a new release, so if you don't want
TS> to pull it from CVS, you can wait a bit...
ok so this should be allready fixed - fine.

TS> You may have trouble getting all of the latest released versions of
TS> everything to work together.  I've been much more successfuly working off of
TS> the CVS repositories for various pieces.  FOP may also be one of those
TS> you'll want to grab out of CVS if you want it to play nice with the latest
TS> Xerces.
Ill try the CVS versions.

TS> The errors you showed for Xerces and Xalan could easily be related to how
TS> you were handling importing the w3c stuff.  I'd highly suggest trying my
TS> second suggestion first :) (ie. import the w3c from Xerces, and then grab
TS> the leftovers).  Get Xalan from CVS or wait for the next release.
I' try and complain if it doesn't work. :)

TS> FOP dynamically generates classes from XSLT during the Ant build, so for
TS> FOP, I highly recommend building the FOP source with Ant, and then importing
TS> the resultant jar file.  You're not going to get very far trying to import
TS> the source manually.  Once again, I'd recommend grabbing FOP from CVS.
What kind of classes is dynamically created by FOP during compile
time?

TS> That'll take you to about the extent of my usefulness on the subject, but I
TS> may have something to add if you have any other problems.  IBM has an
TS> article about importing Tomcat into VisualAge that may help you out some
TS> when you get to that stage...I can't remember the URL off the top of my
TS> head, but root around VisualAge Developer's Domain, and you should find it.
This article is not too useful as is only explains how to use tomcat
in the entry edition. tomcat is not imported but only a starter class
and the api. i'll try to import the whole tomcat source. Obviously IBM
only wants people to use the Entry Edition (AFAIK there is no article
on Pro or Ent edition).

mfg
roman
Roman Seidl                                   Design & Development
Public Voice Lab                       Operngasse 24, A-1040 Vienna
Tel.: +43-1-585 22 80/23                   Fax:  +43-1-585 22 80/99
e-mail: rse@pvl.at                                  web: www.pvl.at