cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brian May <...@snoopy.apana.org.au>
Subject Re: [Cocoon Devel]C2/xalan/xerces: docbook format
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2000 23:12:06 GMT
writes:

    Hans> P.S: Docbook XSL is not extraordinarily fast: K6-2/300MHz,
    Hans> quite a small&simple document takes approx. 30 (thirty!)
    Hans> seconds

Please clear my confusion (not that I am trying to be sarcastic, I am
just interested in DocBook format). Please tell me if I am wrong in
any of these points:

- by Docbook format, you mean the format documented at:
<url:http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/>. Version 4.1 is the latest
non-beta version, for XML and SGML.

- There is no DocBook XSL supplied with Cocoon 1 or Cocoon 2.

- The only DocBook XSL I could find is at
<url:http://nwalsh.com/docbook/index.html>, which doesn't work with
Xalan, but requires XT/SAX instead. I contacted Norman about this, he
said one of the problems was a known bug in Xalan, which has been
fixed (AFAIK) in CVS. He hasn't replied about the other problem
yet. As far as I can tell, it looks like another bug in Xalan.

What version of DocBook XSL works with Xalan? Or, does Cocoon somehow
solve these problems?
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>