cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brian May <...@snoopy.apana.org.au>
Subject Re: [Cocoon Devel]installation docs for cocoon2
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 23:16:41 GMT

    Joel> Hi, I am interested in trying out cocoon2, but the
    Joel> installation docs do not seem to be correct.  Specifically
    Joel> the following instruction:

    Joel> Copy [path-to-Cocoon2]/bin/cocoon.jar to
    Joel> [path-to-Tomcat]/lib, as well

    Joel> the /bin directory is not included when the following
    Joel> anoncvs command is run:

    Joel> cvs checkout -r xml-cocoon2 xml-cocoon

    Joel> If someone could direct me to any resources I've missed, or
    Joel> point out my error, I would appreciate it.

I used the following path:

build/cocoon/cocoon.jar

Also:

build/cocoon/cocoon.war

and:

build/cocoon/webapp/

(I am confused what the *.war file is for. Presumably I should only
have to copy the *.war file, and not the directory, but in practise I
have to copy both. Perhaps this is my fault for doing something wrong,
but it hasn't concerned me enough to check on it.)
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>