cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OffTopic] Pier@Sun :)
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 08:30:54 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pier.fumagalli@eng.sun.com> wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > I started yesterday at Sun Microsystems, and in the next few months
> > I'll be working primarily on Tomcat (new version, 4.0) with Craig
> > and the others.
>
> That's very cool :)

Hopefully I'll be able to help out on those issues where the servlet
engine is the "bad guy"... And following the discussions over here will
help the overall quality of the servlet container. Cocoon is one of the
biggest web apps I've seen so far (on-the-fly code compilation, caching,
uri translation.. they stress every part of the engine!)

> > Apart from that, nothing is going to change (I will probably even
> > have more free time to continue working on the Cocoon project).
>
> You're very welcome :)

I just want to underline that my effort, apart from the Tomcat project,
will be on a personal base, and so, I will be able to do it only when
the Tomcat's tight deadlines (and my partying schedule :) will allow me
to do it.

But at least I catched up with a bunch of things that I lost in the last
months, and a more regular schedule will help me to better plan my
involvements in the different projects! :)

	Pier