cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Xalan problem in multi threaded environment
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 00:09:47 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> --- Sebastien Sahuc <ssahuc@imediation.com> wrote:
> > I know cocoon 2 is not yet a production environment, but I came into
> > threading problem with Xalan. Indeed I have a 3-framed page which is
> > generated from applying the same XSL sheet at almost the same time,
> > and
> > while the 1 page shows up well, the surrounding ones show Xalan
> > exception
> > complaining that the 'root Node cannot exists twice'
>
> I can't reproduce your error. I've tested using a 3-frame page with all
> frames accessing the same cocoon resource (and so using the same
> stylesheet) under different URLs but it runs like a charm. I've tried
> different browsers and have accessed the page from different machine.
> Looks good for me :)

I've had concurrency problems as well, but my tomcat is not really
stable so I don't know who to blame. Anyway, I could not reproduce the
error again, but we should start hitting with JMeter soon and see how
things go.

> > As I fell more confortable with the XT processor, I wrote a XT
> > transformer that works fine in multi threaded environment. If anyone
> > is
> > interested I'll be glad to send it over.
>
> If Stefano isn't agains this :)

Why should I be? I'd love Xalan to be as fast as XT and I know Xalan2
will (because of less DOM limitation in the core), but hey, if it's good
and freely available, why shouldn't we support it?

> I say we can put it into the C2 CVS.
> What do others think about this?

+1

> > All the best,
> >
> > Sebastien
> >
> > PS: There were threads discuting about integrating third party
> > product or
> > extension. Does the XT transformer fall into this category ? Indeed
> > it
> > would be nice to reproduce the Ant's optional package system : it
> > checks
> > if some classes (for exemple junit classes) are available in the
> > classpath, and if so it compiles the related optional classes (Junit
> > tasks).
>
> The C2 build.xml already does so (see PhpGenerator)

No XT is something open and freely available and based on standards so
no problems there.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.