cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@f1.bali.ac>
Subject Re: Do C1 & C2 coexist?
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2000 05:44:58 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Sorry, I don't know how to do that, could someone explain?
> They'd need different ports as well?

If you are running Tomcat stand-alone and need different VMs, then you need to do
port mapping. However, the splendid Apache Webserver servlet extension design
allows you to map the URL space into different Servlet Engines (read Tomcat VMs).

Mod_JServ (it is still being used, right?) has a ApJServMount directive which
handles the mapping from URL space to the Servlet engines, on same host or
different hosts. (And, of course, here the port numbers must be different if on
the same host...)

I have them over two hosts, but should not make it a difference.

ApJServMount /xdocs ajpv12://f4.bali.ac:9000/admdocs"
ApJServMount /rt ajpv12://f3.bali.ac:9000/realtime"

In my case, I am using Cocoon, currently down though....  :o( , in the "admdocs"
zone, but have my own servlet package in the "realtime" zone.

Niclas