cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Lancelle <lance...@pacbell.net>
Subject Using sitemap to generate all static pages of a collection of XML/XSL files
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2000 04:36:22 GMT
I would like to use Cocoon 2 at this time to take a webapp and create a
series of static HTML files to be uploaded to another server NOT running
Cocoon at all.

I have studied the files cocoon.xconf and sitemap.xmap and have a grasp
on creating a map to all pertinent pages to be generated. My assumption
is every page to be linked to via ANY of the XML/XSL generated HTML
files (on the server itself) should appear under the pipeline element.
It seems quite apparent that the href definitions under pipeline would
be accessible as if using them as links somewhere in the collection of
XML/XSL files (phew!)

Is there a way to use the sitemap.xmap file, in conjunction with the
cocoon.xconf file (not to mention all of the XML/XSL/etc files) to
create all the pages? Do I use Ant? Perhaps a class in a jar file?

Of course at this time I will just FTP the files to their destination,
but in the future would automate that. Probably through an ant
configuration.

Thanks,
Jon Lancelle